Friday, 25 September 2015

BAROQUE & ROLL #MYWEDDINGDAY


I've been meaning to get this post up for a while, and finally, I've had time to pull a few chosen images together of OUR BIG DAY. After all the planning (picture lists upon lists upon lists, spreadsheets, stressed faces and copious amounts of vino) it was officially, DEFINITELY one of the BEST DAYS EVER - but over in a complete FLASH of peach flowers, baroque and roll glitz, a lot of LOVE and champagne! Scroll through and read my captions for a taste of how we did our day... 

A huge THANK YOU goes to Nick Ilott Photography who captured our day just the way I wanted...I couldn't recommend him and his work enough! 
CLICK HERE to discover more of his work. 

AND, you can also see our wedding in THIS MONTH's (November'15) issue of Wedding Magazine (which is now on sale)! Scroll through to see the cover at the bottom of the post so you can spot it on shelf! 

With a Baroque theme running throughout the wedding, we kept our invites quite traditional....

My scent for the BIG DAY? Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique Summer Edition 15 (you can find it HERE)

My accessories? A bohemian hand chain from ASOS (find similar HERE) and silver leaf arm cuff, also from ASOS (find similar HERE
My engagement ring (which was my Grandmother's) was my SOMETHING OLD, my Jenny Packham gown was my SOMETHING NEW, my SOMETHING borrowed was the beautiful tennis bracelet above, and my SOMETHING BLUE was my nails! (I wore THIS little beauty in Sugar Apple from Barry M Cosmetics!) 
When it came to the gown I tried MANY on (BTW nobody tells you how exhausting this is!). I did this, because even though I had some idea of what I wanted (shape-wise and style-wise) I still felt the need to make sure that 1. I wouldn't unexpectedly look MAGNIFICENT in an oversized meringue princess dress, and 2. I was definitely making the right decision. When I put on Jenny Packham's 'Shirley' gown (find it HERE), I felt like myself, and instantly new there and then that this was it. 





I absolutely ADORE this shot - somehow Nick (our photographer) has managed to capture that slightly terrifying moment when the best man (in this case Will, my husband's brother) thinks he's forgotten the rings! 




Our cake, this beautiful sugary pink and gold BAROQUE confection was made by Charlotte from VANILLA & IVORY and was the centrepiece for our desserts table.  

Suzanne Archer Cakes created these fashion and sailing-inspired beauties (which tasted divine - the desserts table got absolutely raided when the lights went down at 12), perfectly capturing both mine, and my husband's loves! 


SERIOUSLY chic, vintage style from my friend Rosie, and a funky, FABULOUS look from Hanna...

NOTE TO ALL BRIDE-TO-BE'S: Make sure you eat MORE of your canapes! 


Naughty bridesmaids - their dresses are from COAST





Our table names were FASHION ICONS...the top table, of course, WINTOUR. 








Our band was BRILLIANT. We discover them on Gigz Management (who made it very easy to organise) - they were called Swing Soul.


Buy it now! Wedding Magazine's latest issue - and, we've just gone monthly!

Like this post? Click on the below: 

Share:

1 comment

  1. Absolutely STUNNING! Gorge photos and a gorge bride - looks like you had an amazing day! Congratulations

    www.rockonholly.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment & let me know your blog link :)

©   | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig