Sunday, 3 August 2014

Morgan Saylor interview & cover shoot | ASOS


Hitting ASOS’s next issue cover is Morgan Saylor, the actress in Homeland. With some SERIOUSLY cool prospects on her horizon as she leaves behind the hit TV series, ASOS interviews the bright star as she showcases the best and most exciting picks of the new season. Check out the issue online and download the digital edition. Go behind the scenes and hear her chat on cartoons, rapping and her favourite emoji on the ASOS YouTube channel.


With two films set for release, ASOS interviewed the actress…

On what kind of actress she’d like to be:

“There are a lot of different ways to be a successful as an actor, but when directors would ask me…it felt so obvious – I just want to make good movies. I don’t want to make one big movie, or a huge trilogy that will dry me out. This is what I want to do for the rest of my life. Slow and steady wins the race, not that I want to win the race, but I do want to be slow and steady and work with interesting people. That’s important.”


On leaving Homeland:

“It feels a little weird…they’re filming in South Africa, so it’s a whole different thing to when I was in it, but it’s nice to play someone other than Dana. You play a character for three years and you kind of get stuck in the bones. If feels like Penny is so different from Dana, so it’s nice to throw myself at something else and know that I don’t have to do something else and know I don’t have to do Dana again in a month. It’s cool to have variety.”


On clothes and ASOS:

“I don’t spend a lot of money on clothes – I like vintage things…and the dress I’m wearing today is ASOS – I can get lost on the website for hours, you can go in looking for one thing and then suddenly you have a thousand tabs open…”


On getting dressed up:

“People talk about getting dressed up like it’s this awful thing, but I like it! If I have an event, I look at Style.com, and there are designers I’ve become friends with, so I might ask to borrow stuff from them…I work with Micaela Erlanger, who has blown up because she’s Lupita’s girl. She’s lovely and knows my taste. I like Novis and Band of Outsiders. I love Proenza and I love Wang.”
On the cover:

‘Morgan Saylor wears ASOS Faux Fur Patched Coat, The Ragged Priest Metallic Hooded Rain Jacket, ASOS high Neck Textured Dress, ASOS 2 Stripe Ankle Socks, Adidas Original Fairway Trainers.’

The new issue is available now.

All images are sourced from ASOS Magazine and the photographer Michael Hauptman/ASOS PR
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment & let me know your blog link :)

©   | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig